How Can an IT Services Company Help Your Business?
The right technology partner can help you approach IT with greater confidence, clarity, purpose.
Finding the right IT support for your business isn’t easy. There are often many companies making similar claims, so it’s easy to get lost in the buzzwords and new concepts you may encounter along your buying journey. So, what exactly can an IT services firm do for your company — beyond the marketing hype?
For businesses that lack in-house tech support team, partnership with a managed IT service provider (MSP) will give you consistent access to all the expertise and insight you need to realize true technology confidence.
>> Not sure what an MSP is? Read our complete guide to managed IT services.
Friendly and Responsive Help Desk Support
The IT help desk isn’t a physical desk, it’s a team of technicians who are armed with specialized tools for delivering consistent, high-quality IT support. The job of the help desk is to be a reliable source of insight and comfort that allows your team to resolve all the computer issues that impede their productivity.
Here are some of the most common issues an IT help desk can resolve:
- Password and network access problems.
- Software updates and maintenance tasks.
- Video teleconferencing or VoIP call quality issues.
- Computers that are slow or crashing.
Quality help desk support, provided by a reputable IT services partner, will provide fast resolution of any of those problems – or any other you encounter. Click here to learn more about our help desk support.
IT Consulting and Strategy
Technology has changed the way businesses in all industries — from construction and retail to finance and healthcare — work and serve their clients. How confident are you that your organization is on the cutting edge?
Most small and midsized businesses lack someone with the skills to drive a consistent, business-focused IT strategy, like a chief technology officer (CTO) does at an enterprise. The next best thing to hiring an in-house CTO is to partner with a reputable IT services company, who can provide the same consultative, strategic support on an outsourced basis.
- Take advantage of new and emerging technologies with confidence.
- Streamline your technology budget, eliminating redundancies and waste.
- Align your technology with business goals to maximize productivity.
Want to learn more about how the Astute Technology Management team approaches IT consulting? Click here to learn more.
Backup and Disaster Recovery
The stability of your technology infrastructure is vital to the long-term health of your business. To ensure your network is ready for disaster — whether man-made or natural — a quality managed IT services provider will guide you through the entire process of architecting, deploying, and maintaining a backup and disaster recovery system that’s customized for your business.
Here’s what you can expect with Astute Technology Management overseeing your disaster recovery:
- A solution configured to your security and compliance needs.
- Cloud application backups to ensure all your vital data is protected.
- Regular disaster recovery testing to ensure optimal recovery point objective (RPO) and recovery time objective (RTO).
Interesting fact: 92% of businesses have a disaster recovery plan, but 23% of them never test that plan, leaving them vulnerable to catastrophe.
Regular Cybersecurity Training
Your personnel are your first line of defense against cyberattack. To keep your business secure, reputable IT service providers will provide ongoing, high-quality cybersecurity awareness training as part of their service packages. How do you know if a security training program is worthwhile or not? Here are some topics it should cover.
- Phishing attacks and other types of “social engineering” manipulation that try to trick your staff into handing over valuable information, like passwords, banking information.
- Malware and ransomware attacks that damage your organizations systems through corrupted files, websites, and software.
- Good Internet habits, also known as “digital hygiene,” so they can recognize suspicious domains, distinguish authentic websites from fake ones, and spot fraud coming before it does damage.
Want to learn more about what makes a comprehensive cybersecurity service offering, continue reading here.
Unlimited Onsite and Remote Support
In the past, businesses often work with a “break-fix” IT service provider, who would come to your office after you’d encountered a technology problem, then charge you a high hourly rate to restore your network.
Thankfully, times have changed. The new approach to IT service delivery, known as the “managed IT service model,” eliminates the billable hour and replaces it with unlimited onsite and remote support for a single flat, monthly fee.
- Chat with our support staff through chat, email, phone.
- 24/7 system monitoring to keep your network and systems healthy.
- Proactively patch and update systems close security gaps and ensure interoperability.
Another thing that makes the managed IT support model unique is that it’s proactive and not reactive. That means our engineers are constantly measuring the health of your network and making adjustments and upgrades to keep your systems at peak efficiency.
Co-Managed IT Support for Your Internal Team
Midsized businesses have unique IT support requirements. These organizations likely have a full-time IT staff already, so instead of comprehensive support, they’re often more interested in supplementing their existing team with targeted service from an outsourced service provider, like Astute Technology Management.
This type of arrangement is known as co-managed IT support. Just some of the benefits of co-managed IT support include:
- Outsourced help desk to unburden your staff of low-value IT maintenance tasks.
- On-demand access to all the IT skillsets your company needs for project work.
- Cybersecurity expertise to close security gaps and better meet compliance needs.
Co-managed IT support is one of our passions. If you’d like to learn more about how it can help your existing IT team thrive, just reach out and ask!
We’re Ohio’s Trusted IT Service and Support Partner
For over 20 years, the Astute Technology Management team has been helping businesses in Columbus, Cincinnati, and Cleveland Ohio realize the power of reliable, cutting-edge business technology. In fact, we consistently rank as one of Ohio’s highest-rated IT firms.
If your business wants to optimize the reliability and efficiency of its technology — or has been disappointed with IT support providers in the past — reach out and see how we can help!