No matter the size of your business, a healthy network is imperative to keeping employees productive. An issue with your network – no matter how big or small – will directly impact your employees’ productivity, but how do you know if there is a problem lurking around the corner? If you want to check the health of your network, a Network Assessment from Astute Technology Management can help.
With a Network Assessment, you can get ahead of potential network issues while ensuring your organization is adhering to best practices. Our Network Assessments will not only catch problem areas to reveal existing issues, but will also catch potential issues before they become a bigger problem.
Why perform Network Assessments?
While there are several reasons to perform a Network Assessment; below are a few of the top reasons:
- Identify current (possibly unknown) network issues
- External vulnerability scan
- Confirm adherence to best practices
- Provide a second opinion
- Aid in asset reconciliation
- Identify unknown connected devices
- Active Directory cleanups
- Protected Health Information (PHI) data discovery
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) data discovery
- Document network
What should I expect to receive from a Network Assessment?
One thing you shouldn’t expect is an intrusive and time-consuming process. Our Network Assessments are designed for small and mid-size businesses, so they are non-intrusive, have no impact on network performance and require little of the staff’s time. Below are a few of the discovery tasks we perform during the assessment:
- Detect Domain Controllers
- FSMO Role Analysis
- Enumerate Organization Units and Security Groups
- User Analysis
- Detect Local Mail Servers
- Detect Time Servers
- Discover Network Shares
- Detect Major Applications
- Detailed Domain Controller Event Log Analysis
- Web Server Discovery and Identification
- Network Discovery for Non-Active Directory Devices
- Internet Access and Speed Test
- SQL Server Analysis
- Internet Domain Analysis
- Password Strength Analysis
- Missing Security Updates
- System by System Event Log Analysis
- External Security Vulnerabilities
Once the assessment is complete, an executive summary report – called the Risk Report – is generated for your team to review and keep on hand as a helpful tool. This comprehensive report will help you evaluate the health of your network while providing an overview of the devices on the network, potential issues and a calculated risk score (on a 100 point scale) based on the these factors. For most clients, seeing their company’s risk score is a helpful tool in determining the overall health of the network.
We will review this report, discuss the findings in detail with your team and answer any questions you may have.
Astute Technology Management services small to medium sized companies in the central Ohio area. Cities include Dublin, Powell, Worthington, Westerville, New Albany, Gahanna, Reynoldsburg, Canal Winchester, Lancaster, Grove City, Hilliard, Upper Arlington and Columbus.