Train the End User
Astute Technology Management believes ensuring a secure network must also involve the end user. That’s why we work with our clients to develop a security awareness training program for their employees. We know the feeling – surely our employees wouldn’t be fooled by something like a phishing scam. In fact, the 2018 Verizon Data Breach Investigations report revealed that 93% of successful security breaches start with phishing. Like statistics? Here are some eye openers:
- 43% of all cyber attacks are aimed at small and medium sized businesses
- 85% of all email attachments are harmful
- 91% of attacks are launched from a phishing attack
- Cyber Crime will cost $6 Trillion by 2021
- 24,000 new malicious apps are removed from The App Store daily
- Ransomware is up 180% from 2018
- A business is hit with ransomware every 13.275 seconds
While many laymen are familiar with phishing attacks and the risks of having loose social media privacy settings, most do not realize that social engineering, application, cloud and network security all affect them. Often, good-intentioned employees make mistakes or skirt safe IT protocols because they’re tricked, rushed for time or are unaware there’s protocol set in the first place. Our awareness training makes it easier for businesses to maintain security by keeping training quick, easy to understand and engaging.
At Astute Technology Management we partner with Webroot to ensure industry standard cybersecurity best practices are implemented in every program and include:
- A fully featured phishing simulator
- Engaging, interactive courses
- Trackable, customizable campaigns
- Reporting so management can re-train repeat offenders
Astute Technology Management services small to medium sized companies in the central Ohio (Columbus) and southern Ohio (Cincinnati) areas. Cities include Dublin, Powell, Worthington, Westerville, New Albany, Gahanna, Reynoldsburg, Canal Winchester, Lancaster, Grove City, Hilliard, Upper Arlington, Columbus, Mason, Madeira, Montgomery, Blue Ash, Beckett Ridge, Mariemont, Indian Hill, Oakley, Stetson Square and Hyde Park.